Tuesday 21 June 2011

chest of drawers

I wanted a chest you wouldn’t find in every household, but I didn’t want to pay the price an independent designer would sell for. So I thought, ‘I can do it myself.’

Last weekend I decided I should finally get around to sanding, filling and repainting the stag chest of drawers I bought from a charity furniture shop back in February.

I wanted a piece that added some much need colour to our bedroom; even though I love grey walls it felt a little too dull and masculine.  I decided jade green was the way forward.  I have no idea why, it simply felt right.


Cost
£55.00 - chest of drawers (which was overpriced, seen the same cheaper since)
£10.99  - Dulux eggshell paint
£27.50 - 11 handles, a bargain at £2.50 each.

Total price - £93.49


All in all I spent nine hours turning it from an unwanted chest into a piece I absolutely love and am very proud of.  Oh and it definitely brightens up the corner.

Picture quality is not the greatest as the pics was taken on my phone.  This also means the colour on some is a little bright.

Chest of draws


Handles - Lily Cut Crystal Glass Cabinet - Brass Finish
http://www.handleandknobshop.com/


Paint – Jade Cluster 4

















Picture quality is not the greatest as the photos was taken on my phone.  This also means the colour on some is a little bright.  The colour is represented best in the last 2 pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment